- What made you choose the god you did? (reader question)
Ba Pef came off as a mystery to me and I had a hard time finding much information on him and I started getting all of these ideas of how I could fill in these blanks.
- What do you know about that god? (reader question)
He’s a small deity who has a house of Woe in Hell. He inflicts pain on his victims, and he is worshipped by cults, not in a temple.
- Which other god (if any) did you consider and why?
I didn’t consider anyone else and went straight for the mysterious god who enjoyed inflicting pain from the underworld.
- What did you find challenging about writing a god, whether a reincarnated god (contemporary) or a real one? (paranormal)
It was different from anything I’ve ever written since I usually stick with contemporary. Though I had more leeway with writing paranormal/fantasy, it also was sometimes a challenge not trying to make everything so realistic and being worried about going too far.
- Since this series goes to the dark side of MM, what attracts you about this genre? Reader question)
I love writing and reading dark stories. They have always been my most favorite to read and I had so much fun writing this complex, broken character with issues who dignified all his actions by feeling like there was no other way and it needed to be done to make things better for everyone. I love the suspense, gripping emotions, and being held on the edge of my seat.
- What made you want to get involved in this series?
It was new and different. I enjoy a good challenge and dabbling in other genres.
- How did you decide if it will be a HEA or not? (reader question)
I didn’t really make that decision. It was my characters who decided how it wanted to end. I just write the story they want told and how they want it done.
- Are you done with the story? Or will it have a continuation?
I’m done with the story, and it ended the way it should have.
- Would you like to write about any other gods? If so, who, and why?
It was fun and I love how creative it allowed me to get so yes.